Question One. Do Not Lie
- What are the two things you can see in this picture that violate one of the 10 commandments?
- They should be able to see a face and the word Liar in handwriting.
- Most get the face but most times you may have to point out the word ‘Liar’ – then ask…
- Once they see them, you can say…
‘Yes, he has liar written all over his face’. This keeps it lite.
- One of the Commandments says we should not lie.
- Have you ever told a lie? Even a white lie or exaggerated truth? – Wait for them to answer – Yes
- What do you call someone that tells lies? – A Liar
- So what does that make you? – Wait for them to answer – A Liar . If they struggle to confess that they are a liar, ask them… ‘How many lies do you have to tell to be called a liar?’ Wait for them to answer – One. Try to get them to see i t only takes one lie to be called a liar. Then ask them question 4 again.
NB: It can help if you agree with them that you have had the same problem. Once you get them to confess, go to the next page.